Sunday, August 16, 2020

Possessed- THE TRIP TO THE FOREST ONCE AGAIN- (Story)- 11

 I walked in, wandering Uncle John’s warning. He was quite serious. But I had no reason to doubt Catherine. She was always there for me whenever I need her. She was the only in the school that helped me.

We had spent summers together, drank gallons of coffee in that shop and spent Halloween nights scaring small kids. But she was the only one who knew about the shop. She was the one who knew Mr. Cocoa.

But why will she kill me or turn me into this. I was baffled not knowing what is right or what is wrong. I needed answers. I walked passing my old locker. It has all the flowers and ‘Miss You’ cards. People who never talked to me or knew me were showing grief.

Maybe that’s the truth people only care once you’re gone. I glared at my old picture that was there on my locker. I had that broad smile on my face, I was happy, I had nothing to worry about. Everything was so good.

I was lost in my photo that I didn’t realize Catherine was standing beside me.

‘Nice isn’t it?’ she smiled. ‘Thanks for the ride and sorry I didn’t ask earlier. What is your name?’

‘Rodrigo,’ I smiled.

‘So it’s nice to meet you Rodrigo.’ ‘Maybe we could go to the forest again.’

‘But my uncle has said…’

‘There is something we are missing. I need answers.’

Uncle John’s warning repeated in my head again. But she was my friend and I needed answers too so I agreed.

‘Great!’ she smiled and went away.

I went to my class. I had no interest listening to the teacher. I had survived this all last year. I was just looking at the clock.

                                                                                                     ***

I totally forgot about my appointment but I was in no mood to go. There was no way he could help me out. Catherine came with her bike and said, ‘Let’s go!’

‘Actually I forgot my bike near that forest last evening.’

‘No problem we can walk then.’ She sounded disappointed.

We were walking quietly. I wanted to tell her everything but I stopped. First I needed to talk to Uncle John, I wanted to ask that what exactly he meant.

I’ve walked till that coffee shop for the first time. The roads were much longer on foot. I found my cycle same place where I parked it last evening. I was happy to be with Catherine again, it felt like old days.

‘So what do your parents do?’ Catherine broke the silence.

‘My dad died in an accident and my mom,’ Good question; I had no idea what she do. ‘She works.’

‘Where?’

‘We should ride on bikes to go inside this time,’ I immediately changed the topic.

She understood what I did but didn’t ask again. We rode inside, this time keeping a track of the route. 

It was same as last evening. No sign, nothing. It was waste of time searching her but there was hope that didn't allow us to give up.

Suddenly I saw a shadow. It was definitely a man. I pointed it out and Catherine eyes were wide opened. What was he doing in the forest at this time alone? We climbed down our bikes and were surprised to see Uncle John…


No comments:

Post a Comment

Darkness

DARKNESS  The wind is cold I'm here all alone, There are secrets that the night hold A little boy made up of flesh and bone. A single ca...